RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 23:29:25 -0600
Ellie,

> Yes, indeed I would. I'm aware of research on cooked fats, but I am very
> interested in any articles in mainstream medical journals if they are
> specifically supportive of raw ANIMAL fat.

I don't have any journal references which detail positive benefits of
raw animal fat...

Although, it has been noted in many sources that raw animal fats don't
appear to be necessarily damaging, as do the cooked and especially fried
or grilled forms.

The "ancient" eskimos come to mind regarding the ingestion of copious
amounts of raw animal fats (high amounts of raw fish and fish eating
animals). However, while they were indeed healthy and with clean
arteries, etc., it is interesting to point out that they generally died
at "not-so-old" ages.

Raw animal fats are opaque; raw plant fats are translucent.

...I today sent out an order for the book "We Want To Live" by Aajonus
Vonderplanitz. I am curious about his work. I have read that he
advocates a diet which includes a relatively high amount of raw fats.
I'll see what he has to say about this.

Wes