RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 11:12:00 +0000
Jean-Louis:
>I think this kind of preoccupation about hygiene is a bit irrational. I
>mean, if you are not hungry, you shouldn't eat. If you are not thirsty,
>you shouldn't drink. If you are not dirty, not smelly, why should you
>have two showers/day?

Yes, there is some sort of craziness about hygiene. IMHO it derives from
the general fear of bacteria/microorganisms.
Since I subscribe to the theory of the useful microbes I can't follow
this path of hysterical cleaning away each microbe from your skin.

Jean-Louis:
>Concerning the water we get from the tap, apart from hardness, the
>other problem is that when you have a shower, you inhale at the same
>time (a little quantity of) chlorine vapors. The quantity depends on
>where you

This I don't understand. Have you got chlorined water in France? In
the U.S. it is very common and I found it terrible. I felt like in
a gas chamber when I was under the shower. Here in Germany there was
a lot of talk about fluoridation and chlorination (sp?) of water but
finally people decided that forcing others to drink such water would
be wrong so it is still not allowed. Lots of people here drink tap wa-
ter (like me) because they can't afford buying mineral water or find
it too hard to take those heavy bottles home.

Best regards,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]