RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 1997 02:38:07 -0500 (CDT)
I will be taking a more back seat position on the list from now on by
reverting to digest form and posting less frequently to the list. My
commitments no longer allow me to spend the amount of time I have been
on the list, and I am ready to pass on the reigns; so if anybody is
interested please let me know though private email. I think it would be
a good idea with a new moderator as I have taken the list as far as I
can, and I think somebody new in the saddle could do the list a lot of
good and provide it with a new dynamic and at least please those who
have at times been dissatisfied with my style of moderation. If nobody
volunteers, I will continue but moderating lightly and only in extreme
cases like the "colonel".

Stefan:
>I am interested in some statistics about this mailinglist. Will be a
>question to Peter.
>- How many members are subscribed?

We are presently 68 members. In the year I have been with the list it
has fluctuated between 70 and 100 members.

>- How many members come from which countries?

France = 4. Germany = 2. Finland = 2. Australia = 1. Brazil = 1. Czech
Republic = 1. Hungary = 1. UK = 1. US = 55.

>- How many members practice which nutrition (difficult; for the
>  lurkers can be found out only with an anonymous poll) Just
>  statistically the mainstreams of the different nutrition schools.
>- How many years are the members practicing raw nutrition (same diffi-
>  culty) Just statistically: some ranges, e.g 0-1 year, 2-5 years,
>  6-10 years, 10-20 years, more than 20 years.

There is no way of knowing except from the statements of those posting
to the list. My guess it that most of the people on the list eat a
little bit of both cooked and raw, vegetarian and animal foods and that
only a small minority are strictly raw, raw vegan or instincto.

Best, Peter

PS. Dave & I are in the process of adding the old veg-raw files
covering most of 1996 to the archives, and we are trying to get the
subject headers in the digest that have been missing from the end of
January until the beginning of April this year added on as well.