RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:37:33 +0000
Hi Jean-Louis,

no heaps of scientifical references in your post - I wonder,. ;-) May I
complain a little about the number of references you were giving late-
ly? I like to read about your experiences but I find "scientifical" stu-
dies mostly boring. One can prove anything with them. Anyway, don't feel
troubled and do what you want - JMHO.

>which organs do you eat and how much?

I find chicken liver, lung, stomach, head (if I get it) and heart very
tasty but... the rest of the chicken is mostly of little interest. Even
those excellent chickens of Orkos don't have much taste - I mean the
muscle meat of course. And they are   s o    lean. Nearly no fat. I'm
frequently eating huge amounts of meat if it isn't fatty enough. And
even them I'm not fully satisfied. Fat, fat, give me fat! :-)

25 chickens in 1.25 years is a lot. If you'd buy them from Orkos the
sheer price would prevent you from doing so. Chicken costs between 65
and 71 DM per kilo, roughly calculated $17.30 per lb. And some chickens
have 3 kilo, mostly the males.

By the way: female chickens contain the ovulum (sp?), i.e. the organ
that produces the eggs.   V e r y    tasty. Also this tends to dissolve
after their death so that they are sometimes have egg-yolk everywhere
on the meat. Great. This is, why cooked fooders invented the panade.

So I finally do not stick to chicken unless my instinct really is crazy
for their meat.

I prefer liver of pigs and beef and pig's heart. Some months ago I had
a big need for meat and organs and I remember meals when I ate 600g of
liver, giving me 2.100.000 units of Vitamin A according to your table!
Of course I didn't notice any bad effects.

Liver has a very clear stop for me.

Brain is something I rarely get from Orkos (I suspect them to eat it
all themselves on their bloody Chateau) and occasionally I found it
quite good. But I could eat only very small amounts. 50g, then came the
stop. It tastes very rich. (Well, there's been all the intelligence in
it, hasn't it? ;-))

I've got spleen one time and found it similar to liver. Clear stop.

Kidneys I have tried one time and found them repelling. They stank like
a pot of urine (although the taste isn't that way) and the taste was
ugly. I heard one should water them for a day before eating. Not too
paleo IMHO.

Meaty eaty greetings,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]