RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jerry Story <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 15:12:16 -0500
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:38:01 -0700, David Karas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Jerry Story wrote:
>
>>Laurie Forti has an article about why instinctotherapy stinks.
>>
>>http://www.ecologos.org/instinctotherapy.htm
>>
>I don't think Laurie Forti has ever tried instinctive eating. He and
>John Colman are totally against eating animal products. Can one count on
>anything they say about instinctive eating? Anything that doesn't fit
>their program is attacked as wrong.

Does "instinctive eating" include eating meat?  Consider. First the meat
would need to be raw and unseasoned, otherwise it would be modified by
"culinary artifice" and therefore not "original food". Is eating -raw-
meat
instinctive?

GCB's version of anopsology contains inconsistencies, as Laurie shows. But
some of the main ideas are probably correct. The inconsistencies need to be
ironed out.

GCB's idea of "taste change": That's wrong. Taste change does not mean
enough; it means excess. It means that one has eaten so much as to cause
sickness. It means gluttony. One should never eat to the point of a dramatic
taste change.

>Can one count on anything they say about instinctive eating?

I try to avoid counting on anything anyone says. I try to get the facts and
think for myself.

Anopsology needs some more work on it before it is perfected.