RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 12:12:49 +0000
Hi all,

Jean-Louis:
>cold, or both. Whatever, when it was over, I didn't feel particularly
>better (and I decided to keep dairy consumption at no more than 1/4
>pound/week on average).

Go for Cassia, if you can! :-)
By the way (just curious): why do you eat dairy? Is it something you
couldn't throw overboard yet? Do you feel more balanced with it?

Jean-Louis:
>What no one has found yet is a micro-organism which is harmful on
>people whose immune system is weakened, but beneficial on others. I am
>not excluding its existence, however.

Hm. It happened that my colleagues and I catched (apparently, no tests
done) the same influenza. While my colleagues felt very bad and missed
several days up to one week in the company, I just had two days of a
runny nose and felt only slightly troubled. When it was over I found my
health improved a little.
My colleagues didn't agree, that the infection improved their health.
They said, they had better done without it.

Also I read in the newspaper, that beneficial bacteria of the species
E-Coli are normally harmless and needed in the intestines, but can
become dangerous for people with weakened immune system, especially
AIDS patients.

My conclusion is, that most microbes and parasites are somehow useful
for the infected organism although I admit that the usefulness is of a
very sophisticated kind in several cases. Some microbes can be useful
for the whole species but kill the individual and I don't think that
I want to be useful in this way for my species.

I am playing with the thought of going to an institute for diseases and
getting me infected with some TB microbes to test, what happens. Unfor-
tunately most of the diseases, which are on my list, are   v e r y   in-
fectious and infected people are not allowed to run around freely. So
I would have to spend some time in a hospital to do that experiment and
that looks very repelling to me. :-)

Still infectious regards,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]