RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ward... James Ward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 1996 08:23:01 -0700
Hey Sandy,

I've gone 100% raw about three times now.  The longest I've lasted is
one month.  Most recently, I know I wasn't getting enough calories as
I started to feel a bit woosy upon standing as I do when I've fasted.
After three days, I ate most of a large vegetarian pizza.  :-(  :-)

My best success has been following anopsology.  It's not to swift on
food combining, but does get me, at least, to eat more.  I could
never eat beef or chicken, but raw seafood was quite tasty at times.

Not to mention the honey!  How would Gordon feel about honey as a cheap
source of calories?  I remember particularly enjoying the search for
varieties of raw honey to try.

I too was concerned with the percentage of calories from fat.  I seem
to recall that about 50% of my calories were from fat while eating
instinctively.  That's the main reason I gave up the diet.  This last
time I was eating vegetable salads at one meal and fruit salads at
others.  I just didn't get enough calories.  I find cooked food more
appealing this time of the year too.  Even though it doesn't get that
cold here in the Sonoran desert, vegetarian chili really seems to hit the
spot when the days start getting shorter.

Roy