RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 11:30:21 +0000
Hi all stone-old people here,

Jean-Louis:
>[They talked about that informally on CBS this
>morning, I think that scientists can treat cells with telomerase],
>and the number of possible cell divisions (50 for human cells) is well
>correlated with telomere length at birth.

Recently I read in the science section of my newspaper, that scientists
treated cells with telomerase and could increase the number of cell di-
visions by 20 (so 70 instead of 50).
Telomerase is an enzyme, that reverts the effect of the telomeres.
Adult cells are not producing this enzyme according to scientists.
There's one exception: tumor cells produce telomerase causing them to
proliferate endlessly.

Ha!

So there is an enzyme which inhibits the clock that leads to death.
Now "all" we have to do is finding out how to start telomerase produc-
tion in our cells again and then...

I would   l o v e   to live 1000 years. I guess life's too easy for
me. :-)

Best regards,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]