RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 11:25:20 -0400
> From: Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
> I also tried to eat strictly after I eliminate for the past few days, and
> found that it isn't always possible.  I wonder what is the mechanism that
> is at work here?  Does the time needed for complete elimination depend on
> the quantity of food one eats?  Suppose my body is completely emptied of
> any food remains and so is my stomach and digestive tract, and I eat a
> banana and an apple for lunch, will I be able to eliminate within any
> reasonable amount of time (in the case of these fruits, it should not be
> too long) or will my body prefer to retain the (likely) very small amount
> of waste from these fruits and wait until more waste is accumulated
> before it eliminates?   I would assume that elimination works somewhat
> like assimilation.   Can anyone commnet and clarify?

Of course you can't wait until all your digesttive tract is empty. Some studies
show that when you ingest food, most of it comes out within 24 or 48 hours
(depends if your intestinal transit is good or not), but some of it doesn't come
out until the 3rd or the 4th day.

I think that what is meant is to wait until the stomach is empty before eating.
The time of course depends on what and how much you eat. If you eat 1 apple, it
should take about 30 minutes. If you eat a normal-size meal with protein,
carbohydrates and fat, it should take 6 hours. And a huge fatty meal can take 12
hours to be "eliminated".

Note: the digestion time is longer during your sleep than when you are awake
(everything else being equal).

Eating that way allows your digestion to work more efficiently.

Jean-Louis