RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 11:13:56 -0400

tamination (humans are thus accidental hosts).
> > I'm a bit confused. I thought a previous post said that freezing kills
> these parasites. I've been eating Boston mackerel liver (unfrozen), and
> perhaps should stop?

> My best, Ellie

I am a bit confused too, about freezing. Maybe it depends about the temperature?
Or perhaps it refers to what the previous post said:

|But now, as the
|iced fish cooled, some of the larvae were prodded into a migratory movement
|to seek the somewhat warmer protection of the  musculature.  Thus the green
|herring was now more likely to contain a worm."

About mackerels: I would think that the parts to be avoided are the stomach and
the intestine. So, the liver should be OK (or not more "dangerous" than the
flesh).

Jean-Louis