RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 10:52:19 +0000
Hi Lynton and Kirt,

Stefan:
>>And the difference between the magnetic and geographic pole becomes
>important only if you are very near to them. Now tell me - is there
>>anything to eat around there? :-)

Lynton:
>You mean that you can find food with a compass???  ;>)
>Or is it that since the animals can tell which way is north, that if we
>head north then that's where the animals are???  :>)  (Then there
>should be quite a crowd at the North Pole!!!)

No no. I was just claiming that humans must have a magnetic sense like
animals so that they can find their way whereever they are and even if
it is dark.

Kirt:
>super-health stuff. The track record is what it is. Perhaps when I see
>folks minimizing the negative reports (by going on about the excellent
>health of instinctos) I tend to maximize the negatives.

I guess I tend to maximize the positives. So I wear pink glasses while
you wear brown ones... :-)

Kirt:
>Trust me, the food at Pangaia is probably better than ORKOS' imports.

Most probably true. But how much people in the U.S. have access to
Pangaia's foods? By the way: did you know that coconut flesh contains
810 micrograms of selenium per 100g? That's a lot!

Kirt:
>Yet, would we ever hear about an unhealthy instincto youngster if/when
>there was one? Now, I admit/suspect that they may be few and far

Perhaps yes, perhaps no. Depending on how near we are to the specific
family of course. That vegan family thought they were perfectly right
with their raw vegan diet and failed and did not make a secret of it.
Others of course will.

Kirt:
>Even if every instincto kid has Perfect Health, they would have to be
>compared to "paleo kids" to see if this was due to instincto practices
>or the simple avoidance of grains and dairy.

What does this prove then? I find instincto sufficient and have little
interest to fall back into a cooking pot. Also I'm too lazy to prepare
foods - I find it exciting to get my foods out and begin eating immedi-
ately.

>Nevertheless, I do enjoy anecdotes of raw vegans who end up instincto
>when they have infants who don't thrive...so can you talk a little bit
>about that?

Regarding vegans with children there's little I have to report. I can
add, that the already mentioned vegan family also told me that their
youngest child is behind his normal bodily development - he is too
small and weighs too little for his age. They hope that he can over-
come that with animal foods he had to miss for so long.

I'm thinking about going to a meeting of vegetarians in my town just
to meet new people. I guess I would find vegan familys amongst them
and will report if I hear interesting news.

Kirt:
>But beyond that, what is _instinct_?

I think, instinct is every behavior that raises from your inside. And
you know how to do it then - no need to learn it.
Of course instinct is   n o t   instincto theory. The latter is just
a means for people who have eaten and lived uninstinctively for deca-
des and need help to take the switch.

Kirt:
>(wadging), etc etc. In short wild animals engage in many feeding
>behaviors which are inconsistant with instincto theory. Further, wild
>animals do not have perfect health.

Agreed.

Kirt:
>Why would an instincto in super-health need the AIDS virus need to be
>killed (by jackfruit seeds or the next wonder drug) anyway? Are you
>saying that AIDS is a couter-example to the useful virus theory?

I find AIDS very useful (but think I wouldn't ramble this way if I
got it :-() It forces people to change their livestyles - or die. Very
radical. AIDS will win the Thomas Billings' award for zealous viruses
:-) (excuse me, Tom, I couldn't resist. ;-))
I meant that a normal fooder who has gotten AIDS perhaps can be cured
by eating jackfruit seeds but I don't think this alone will be suffi-
cient. That would be too cheap.

Kirt:
>Besides, have you ever _tasted_ a raw jackfruit seed! Believe me I
>would have to choke it down with some honey (as opposed to a spoonful
>of sugar ;)) in order to kill any AIDS viruses...

I have. I had a time when I could eat them and the similar seeds of
cempedaks with comfort. Today I find them slimy and of no interest.
Perhaps I had AIDS at that time... =:O

Best pink eyed wishes,

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]