RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 01 Nov 1996 22:32:41 EST
Ric,

I've been rooted here in Ann Arbor for 27 years --- before that, Toledo,
NYC (for college), Boston area (1st 7 years).  I've done a little
traveling, but not like you.  So I have a question for you and others on
this list:  Of the places you know and have been, which would be your
favorite places to live, if not contrained by friends, family, jobs?  And
for what reasons?

One of these years, I may get the itch to relocate, and I'd like to know
where to go.  After almost 4 years on raw foods, I'm beginning to see
that Northern climates like Michigan's are suboptimal for human beings.
At the same time, I'm kind of addicted to my creature comforts, running
water, electricity, so probably not inclined to head for the backwaters
of Central and S. America.  I do like living near, but not too near, a
major population center, so Ann Arbor is well-located from that aspect.
Of places I've been, I really liked Toronto (but that's too far North
too), San Jose (better than S.F.), and the Denver area.  (But I was only
in Denver for 2 weeks this July; no experience with their winters.)
Places I don't like are NYC (except to visit), San Antonio.  Lots of
other U.S. cities just blah.  Loved my 5 days in Paris back in1975, but
it and I have undoubtedly changed since then.  Anyway, right now I'm kind
of intrigued with Colorado.  What do you guys say?

And hey, air-dried pistachios would be fine, I'm sure.  Where and when
were you in Michigan?

Latham, Stennis, "Brother Ron":  None of these name are familiar to me;
sorry.  I did hear of a raw food restaurant in the Atlanta area run by
Afro-Americans, i think.  Could any of them be there, perhaps?  Oh ---
what do you know about Jack LaLanne?

It looks like I'm not the only one who stays up till 3am reading/writing
veg-raw.  I think veg-raw can be dangerous to one's health!

						Bob