RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 23:05:10 GMT
Dear Sharlene,

>>You mentioned that you take two cups of barley grass. Are they in
>>powder form?

I should have said 'barley leaf juice' - its the same idea as wheatgrass
juice, but you plant barley instead. To me it tastes a whole lot better
than wheatgrass. (I also find that when its grown outside with a bit
more spaceing around each plant that it tastes better then when grown
densely or indoors - don't know why).
I just started growing it again, and have a patch of about a square yard
(sq metre). I'm picking a small handful of leaves and chew on them to
get the juice out. Maybe an once of juice this way - I'll measure it
sometime.

Good to know of your parents' success stories!

The juice machines - who supplies them and do you know what they are
made of? I would like to get one made of stainless steel if possible.

It really is very easy to grow, just prepare the bed, put on the seeds.
I cover them with a fine layer of soil and then newspapers until they
show through the soil. This is to prevent them drying out, and to trap
the moisture around the seed.
After a while I find that making the next bed gets easier until (when I
was into it the previous time) I would plant a square yard every second day!
This would depend on how much you consume, of course. At 2 -4 oz a day
probably a square foot every two or three days?

Lynton

PS I should add that when I was consuming so much barley-grass juice
without problems, it was before my ER4YT era began. Since then I find I
am reactive to foods that I used to eat all the time (eg wheat, cheese,
potato) so I can't yet say if it still affects me ok.

PPS I wonder what blood-type Ann Wigmore had? She said that wheatgrass
juice was 'sweet'. I wonder if the taste of a food can appear different
to different blood-types?