RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 19:28:55 -0500
Aaron:
>While I am not recommending any diet to anyone, this being just another
>snapshot in time, I just want you to know I continue to feel better since
>adding raw fish, raw eggs, and raw meat to my diet, and can't imagine
giving
>them up unless there was some vegetation that could produce equal results.
>feel so nourished now, and relaxed about food.

No problem with you sharing your experiences, I appreciate the opportunity
to hear of other's personal experience with nutrition.  Glad to hear you are
feeling better.

>The (raw) meat didn't make me tired, and it digested easily, as usual.
Funny how I
>used to tell people that the human stomach can't digest meat! I wonder
where I
>read that?

I have had the same experience with meat, Aaron.  For me, to be honest, I
still prefer the _taste_of cooked (rare-med. rare) meat to raw meat.
However, I can easily demonstrate to myself that my stomach digests _raw_
meat much more easily than cooked meat.  I have tried this over and over
again, proving to myself that I seem to do much better on raw meat.  Over
time, I have adapted to the taste of raw meat, and now consume up to 1 lb.
per day.  I never was able to do that with cooked meat.

It is unfortunate that I have such a taste for cooked foods because I
generally do not do very well on them.  I know I have this taste because I
was raised on them, but regardless it has been difficult at times to
completely phase them out of what I eat.

There are many raw foods which I enjoy, but I also find it difficult to find
a great variety of cuisine.  Not only is this due to my inability to find
high-quality raw animal products, but also with my limited experience in
prepared different raw meals.  I wish that there were raw cookbooks
available which heavily incorporated raw animal foods.

Once again, thanks for your experiences.

-Ben