RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 15:20:04 +0000
Hi all,

Peter posted an excellent excerpt from the book "Vegetarians Who Return
to Meat". Just today I met a fanatical vegetarian. I told him the story
of my related raw vegan family who went into serious health problems
with their second child (hospitalized for severe B12-deficiency). Nearly
every sentence he interrupted me claiming "I don't believe it!".
Ridiculous guy. Obviously he didn't like to get his eyes opened to rea-
lity.
And...
he is addicted to avocados, he he he! Needs them every day. How funny
to detect this eating pattern over and over again. :-)

Pet asked:
>And what transcends meat-eating raw? Dumpster diving? Or chocolate
>eclairs?

Eating pure energy of course, man! Breatharianism is it! :-)

Jai wrote:
>One more reason to stop eating meat:
...and posted some excerpts:
>Washington (Reuters) - The U.S. Agriculture Department said on Thursday
>it would not publish the results of salmonella tests that are being
>conducted at U.S. meat and poultry plants as part of the department's
>new food safety procedures.

At least one more reason to stop eating meat (and eggs) from sick
animals. But no reason at all to eat in contradiction to our evolutio-
nary heritage and become a vegetarian.

Excerpt continued:
>United States. More than 9,000 Americans die each year from unsafe
>food,

Just 9000, not more? Considering cooked food as an unsafe food I think
the numbers must be much higher! Indeed the cooking pot seems to kill
several times more people than the allegedly harmful microbes.

Liza:
>;-)) Let's see ...... hmmmmmm ..... what delightfully evil activities
>should I force myself to indulge in? Life is so short ..... so many
>vices, so little time!!  ;-))

I remember a song titled "So many men, so little time". Is it this,
that moves you Liza? =:O
If not, may I suggest the following activities:
- learning to compose a symphony for a whole orchestra
- learning to fly a Boeing 747
- learning to play piano perfectly (or another instrument)
- learning how to hunt (v e r y    evil!)
- learning how to eat living oysters and other mussels (ouch!)
- learning to construct a big building in every detail
- finding out how to communicate with animals

Ben:
>I did, however, find a _wriggling worm_ in a piece of halibut that I
>bought!!

Ah well, there was some truth in the "maggots" of Liza, wasn't it?
:-) Finally if you don't get used to the maggots, they will get
used to   y o u!

Still enjoying seaveggies (although the season comes to its end),

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]