RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 01:13:38 -0400
Mike,
> I'm trying to have a conversation with you
> and instead of a conversation, all my questions are referred to lengthy
> beyond veg detailed articles.

I'll speak for Tom here (and he'll correct me if I'm wrong). I think
that in replying to your questions Tom would only say the very same
things he has already said in various articles on beyondveg.

He is asking you politely to please spare him having to write the
same things yet again - things which he has written so very many
times before - and which are available for you to read, at your
convenience, on the site.

> As you say, by sticking to
> fruitarian dogma, long term problems can occur. I would guess that that is
> why the dairy has balanced things for you. This is not however, good
reason
> to drink milk IMO.

Maybe that is why the dairy is good for Tom, but maybe not. You
don't know anything about Tom's personal health problems, do you?
Why would you presume to know what Tom's specific needs are?

And let's say his reason for including dairy WAS in fact to remedy
some chemical imbalance. How do you reach the surprising conclusion
that his was "not a good reason?"

If it benefits his health, isn't that a good reason?

> The Atkins diet does not have a common sense theory behind it.

That is your opinion. In my opinion there is a lot of common sense
behind it. And many people have done well on the Atkins diet. Others
have not.

> If our primate relatives were all on
> the Atkins diet, it may be worth looking into! :)

Mike, we are not our primate relatives. We are human beings.

What do you make of the fossil finds last week, and the undisputed
evidence of eons of human meat-eating?

> I've looked into B12 though
> and my view is that .... The diet is not at fault.

You must educate yourself on the B12 issue. When you do so you will
find that you could possibly hurt yourself on your fruitarian diet
unless you take care to take supplemental B12 - and in some superior
form that is digestible. And Mike, the B12 article on the site is
not long or complicated enough for you to be refusing to read it.

 > what you feel is the healthiest
> diet for you at this time which says a lot to me. The fact that you rely
> heavily on sprouted seeds and drink milk tells me a lot.

Is that because you want to know what YOU should eat?

Why is it so very important to you to know what Tom eats?

> It seems to me that your
> stance is a perfect defence. "I just give the information".

Boy oh boy are you trying to get into some sort of argument!

Listen: Tom's "stance" as you call it is not a defense against you,
because he is not arguing with you.

Tom is JUST giving information.

Maybe the problem here is that you just didn't clearly understand
that.

> You have a lot
> of diet knowledge, your opinion matters and IMO should be given.

His opinion (which should be your own opinion too) is that every
person needs to make his or her own decision about what he or she
wants to eat. As Kirt said earlier, that IS Tom's opinion - but you
haven't understood that.

Do you understand it, now?

I certainly hope so!

Love Liza