RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
marilyn traber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 10:23:44 -0500
So you are saying that an instinctive eater who happens to have
feral grains growing in my field, I get the desire to eat flax
off the plant, I shouldn't? [Im only partially an instinctive
eater, I have a basic framework and will occasionally get
something on whim that I don't normally get - like the pair of
avocados and the dozen artichokes sitting in my fridge right now
;-)]

There is nothing toxic or deadly [well, to me - I do horribly on
grains, legumes and fruits. I do best on meat and low-carb,
high-fiber goodies like spinach, kale, cabbage and other
veggies,] about eating straight from the farm grains. If there
was, I'd be dead by now. My brother and I spent a fair amount of
time flaking out in wheat, oat, barley and corn fields avoiding
chores and nibbling the grains straight from the plant. Heck, I
still like to hold certain dried grains and legumes in my mouth
until the saliva rehydrates them so I can chew on them. I find it
REALLY hard to believe that the hunter-gatherers of prehistory
totally ignored grains and legumes when out foraging. If it could
be eaten, they most likely ate it - raw at first and then cooked
after the advent of fire.

margali

--
~~~~~