RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:35:43 GMT
Jen,
I'm surprised! O's are reputed to not do too well as vegetarians: you
must
have a very good basic diet!  It would be of value for you to share
your
eating patterns.

Generally, O's need to avoid wheat (who doesn't), corn, kidney beans,
navy beans, lentils, cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, mustard
greens
(all of these encourage weight gain - but not healthy weight).

Encouraging weight loss (shedding unnecessary weight) are kelp,
seafood,
liver, red meat, kale, spinach broccoli (and iodized salt, for the
thyroid).

HB(highly beneficial) meats: beef (esp heart,liver) mutton, lamb,
buffalo,
venison
Avoids meats:bacon,pork,ham,goose

Avoids dairy: allmost all
Avoids seeds: brazil, cashew, peanuts, pistachios

p63 of "Eat Right For Your Type" by Dr P. D'Adamo:
"Type Os do not tolerate whole wheat products at all, and you should
eliminate them completely from your diet.  They contain lectins that
react with both your blood and your digestive tract and interfere with
the proper absorption of beneficial foods.  Wheat products are a
primary
culprit in Type O weight gain.  The glutins in wheat germ interfere
with
Type O metabolic processes. Inefficient or sluggish metabolism causes
food to convert to energy more slowly, and so store itself as fat."
foods lists in the book, or look at

http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~sshapiro/ER4YT/ER4YT.html

Lynton