RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 06 May 1997 09:42:51 +0200
Kirt,

> >3. animals may not have the possibility to eat human waste or get to fields
> > with cultivated fruits/vegetables/grains etc.
> Huh??? What farmed animal is not raised on cultivated fields?
> Hopefully something is being lost in the translation here.

Assuming that I understand what Stefan wants to say, I want to comment
that I share his opinion.

Most animals, even the wild ones in our country, have access to some
cultivated food. This will lead to problems for everybody who has
a weak or sensitive immune system. ORKOS cattle is raised on an island,
AFAIK and _hunted_ with guns, because it is living wild. Sometimes
they even couldn't catch some. At least that is what I have been told.
And I have no reason not to believe them.

And their attitude toward domesticated animals (and meat in general)
has changed since Mrs. Burgers death. The meat of domesticated animals
is too easy to eat, even if they grew up totally natural. So they
limited meat to one day per week for all Montrame residents.

> This reminds me of an instincto retort I heard about the polio outbreak
> amoungst the Gombe chimps: well, what do you expect--they were provided
> commercial bananas. Yikes! If some third world bananas are enough to
> "cause" polio...

I can't laugh about that one because I know what denaturated bananas
can do to me. I can imagine that some of the behaviour of these chimps
was caused by denaturated food, especially as these wild animals were
in no way tolerant against it -- they never had it before. BTW: This
is also an objection that I have against most scientific chimp behaviour
research in zoos -- the animals get denaturated food and so will show
all kinds of unnatural behaviour.

Karl