RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 06:21:39 -0500
Stefan,

I believe the same website states a commonly accepted definition of 75%
fruit, including the vegetable fruits, but not grains and nuts, from what I
recall.  Any dietary category does not normally mean ONLY eating from that
category, just as carnivores do NOT only eat meat.

>...and has to search for his food all day long.

The gorilla is not a good comparison, since many eat primarily vegetation,
which is in fact low in "caloric" density.  I do not eat all day long,
eating fruits and leaves.

>humans are unique among all other animals on this planet and diets
>can be compared only to a certain degree.

true

>And I have seen so much people who have fasted dozens of times and still
>are unable to subsist on fruits or even on a raw food vegan diet (which is
>much more than a fruitarian diet). Sorry, I can't agree with you here.

seems that some people can do fine and others do not.  I wonder what exactly
the physical differences could be, since we can not blame it all on doing
the frugivorous thing wrong.