RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 18:00:50 -0400
Jean-Louis:
> I note that, after RAF or fatty foods, mung means don't taste good at =
> all, > but lettuce can taste to good that I can easily eat a whole one
or more. > I conclude that RAF doesn't decrease my need for leafy veggies.
> > Lettuce (I like romaine too) is the only vegetable I eat almost every
= > day, > but it seems a bit "too easy". Our ancestors certainly ate more
than > one kind of leaves. So, I avoid eating ONLY lettuce as vegetables,
but > it's not easy. Typically, it takes 3-4 weeks for me to finish a >
cauliflower.

Dariusz:
My juicing idea was a bad one.  It was a false alarm - juiced food won't
get you a stop; it doesn't for me anyway.

I really, really cannot believe what I am experiencing with IE right now.
It's truly amazing.  I don't crave fruits anymore; my sense of smell and
taste seem to have become more efficient after these few days of IE; I'm
starting to appreciate veggies more and more.  Funny how all the things
Natural Hygiene teaches you (fruits in the morning; don't mix whatever
with whatever; don't overeat) all become reality once you begin to eat
instinctively, and you don't even think about them!  How can we [society]
have gone so far away from this?  It is so very much better than counting
calories or forcing yourself to eat things that you don't really like the
taste of.

A couple of quick things:
Everyone: I still have a little bit of a problem getting over the "mental
images" I have of raw foods.  That is, I visualize a lot (that would
include the way things smell or taste as well, I suppose) before I
actually smell, taste and eat.  In fact, I will often eat based on what I
have in my mind; it usually works out so that the taste and the smell
appeal to me following the image, so it shouldn't be a big transgression
to do this.

Also, I had a strong need for an onion today.  It tasted better than ever
first time I took a bite, but I got carried away and ate much more than I
should have I think.  The aroma was coming out my nose, and my eyes were
shed with blood just moments later.  I then had a very unpleasant taste
in my mouth (you know the one; I actually still have it now).  The
question I have is: do any of the instinctos here actually believe that
one can be successful at eating another food following something as
strong tasting as an onion (garlic or acidic fruits would also qualify I
think)?  I mean, after having some onion, you hardly feel your tongue,
let alone the taste of another food on it.