RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 22 May 1995 11:00:24 -0400 (EDT)541_- Hello Everyone,

In your "Welcome" message, you mention the expression "natural hygiene". Does
it refer to a US association called "American Natural Hygiene Society"
(ANHS)? I know a bit about this association. IT looks like very much the UK
Veg*n Society. Both suggest a "vegaan" diet.

The main difference is that, in ANHS, emphasis is put on health, while
VegSoUK puts also great emphasis on animal rights. ANHS also insist more (as
well as I know) on raw foods). [...]52_22May199511:00:24-0400(EDT)[log in to unmask] 9505 26 87 19_Re: Natural HYgiene14_David R. [log in to unmask], 22 May 1995 20:39:46 -0400 (EDT)577_- [ Pierre writes]

> In your "Welcome" message, you mention the expression "natural hygiene". Does
> it refer to a US association called "American Natural Hygiene Society"
> (ANHS)? I know a bit about this association. IT looks like very much the UK
> Veg*n Society. Both suggest a "vegaan" diet.

> The main difference is that, in ANHS, emphasis is put on health, while
> VegSoUK puts also great emphasis on animal rights. ANHS also insist more (as
> well as I know) on raw foods). [...]47_22May199520:39:46-0400(EDT)[log in to unmask] 9505 114 17 5_Meals17_Meredith [log in to unmask], 23 May 1995 08:23:18 -0400 (EDT)517_- I'm very happy to have joined this mailing list. So tell me, what is
your experience with raw food. I'm interested in hearing what you have
to say. What does a typical day of meals look like for you?
My biggest problem is that I allow junk into my body. Half of me enjoys
it and the other half makes me feel ill and groggy. I want to feel 100%
every day and think this may do it. I did have the experience of eating
fruit all day long and then miso soup at night which was great, but not
[...]42_23May199508:23:18-0400(EDT)[log in to unmask] 9505 132 50 28_Email, posting replies, etc.14_David R. [log in to unmask], 23 May 1995 19:00:46 -0400 (EDT)549_- Hello everyone,

I am still working on getting some of the kinks out of the
mailing list, so please bear with me.

The question has been raised on how to reply to posts on veg-raw.
In order to make it easy to reply to a post and have the reply
be posted to all members of the list, the server will now place
"[log in to unmask]" as the Reply to message header, so that all
you have to do to followup on a post is reply to the article in question
in your mailer. Since the purpose of the list is for [...]47_23May199519:00:46-0400(EDT)[log in to unmask] 9505 183 55 9_Re: Meals14_David R. [log in to unmask], 23 May 1995 22:28:09 -0400 (EDT)306_- I typically have a fruit salad, or fresh fruit juice in the morning.
Sometimes, if I am going for long bicycle rides, I will blend some
sprouted grains with bananas to make a shake for breakfast.
After a 4 hour mountain bike ride, the best thing I can have in
the summer is watermellon. [...]47_23May199522:28:09-0400(EDT)[log in to unmask] 9505 239 55 9_Re: Meals14_David R. [log in to unmask], 24 May 1995 00:20:55 -0400 (EDT)665_- [NOTE: This is a fowarded post, not authored by sender@email address ]
[ Fowared by: Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]> ]
I have fresh fruit for breakfast. Whatever I can buy that's
organically grown but not too expensive. Grapefruit or apples, sometimes
kiwi, sometimes mango, now peaches, maybe tangerines.

In summer watermelon, but organic watermelon costs too much, so I
do buy regular H2Omelon, regrettably. If I'm mixing a few fruits for
breakfast, I might add shredded coconut. I love grapes when I can get
them, and cherries and nectarines. I love ca
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 07:08:46 -0700
> >Carol:
> >How will you eat now?  I hope you don't dive headfirst into a diet
> >that's high in the very things you used to avoid.  Are you still
> >going to be a vegetarian?

> Axel:
> you know, the answer is i do not have a clear idea. criteria one will be
> not to control it with my mind. criteria two will be well-being. criteria
> three will be not having this weird blind rationalized symptoms! like
> peeing a lot and being more thirsty with "health food" than with crap!!
> somebody said, recently that the reason we start this diet is sometimes a
> desire to feel better, right? i am not feeling better. i forgot to mention
> something i was almost totally blind to: being weak and dizzy and just
> plain down really interferes with my social/sexual/sensual life. gosh, it
> even affects my self-steem!

Absolutely!  I don't find that strange at all.

> i know i am ambitious, but i do not want to
> control diet and health with my head. it is not possible to me,
> there are too many variables in my life. i am in the process of
> becoming aware and > later "cleansing" my emotional pain from
> childhood, i am doing this with a psychologist i trust deeply
> and with whom i have a good rapport (do you
> use this word in english? -;)

All the time, and in just that way. :)

> i am looking for some fish and dairy from reputable sources
> ( i want to eat raw ricotta, but have not found it yet). i
> guess i have to take it easy (not too easy, though -;) and
> experiment and see what happens.

Sounds like you've got a good attitude about it.  I asked about the
vegetarianism because I've seen many people go from raw vegan to
cooked vegan when they start feeling that something isn't quite right.
Personally, I think that this is a mistake.  I think that if one is
fiddling with one's diet for health reasons, the second step should
be adding raw meats and/or eggs.  Just seems the second most natural
group of foods (after fruits, veggies, and seeds; I'm not into grains
that need soaking or cooking to be palatable).  If that didn't do the
trick, I would consider adding dairy (though if my meat or egg sources
were questionable, I might well add raw milk first; at least in my
area, a raw milk supplier that I trust is easier to find than trust-
worthy sources of meat or eggs).  I would add grains only as a last
resort.

I realize that such a scheme would go against your rule #1, but I'm
of the opinion that listening to one's body includes listening to
one's brain.  I think a plan of action can be helpful in situations
such as yours, but of course, it's up to you.  :)

Carol