Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:11:59 +1300
Here's a curious thing - a customer, running W98SE, had never updated or
patched his originally installed
Internet Explorer 5.

So I sat with him and showed him how to get to the Windows update site, then
looked for available updates.  There were none available!  No patches, no
updates, nothing available for him to download.

So I applied an archive that I keep on a CD, that took his IE5 to IE 5.5.  I
use this one regularly to take new W98 builds to within about 75% of a full
upgrade, then I finish them off online.

But after rebooting with IE upgraded to 5.5, still no Microsoft updates
available.

I've never seen this behaviour before - can anyone comment?

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand