Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 20:50:11 -0400
I think your problem comes from having a folder named programs and a folder
named Program Files.  Somewhere in your start up files some thing is trying
to start a program in C:/progra~1/ ... but is getting the programs folder
instead.  You could test this by renaming the Programs folder and rebooting
and see if you problem is solved.  If it is, you need to permanently rename
the Programs folder or find the entry.  What you do is going to depend on
what you have installed in the Programs folder. If it is not a lot of things
you might just rename the folder and reinstall those programs.  If there are
a lot of programs you'll need to look for the entry, probably in the
registry .  One way to do this is to go to system configuration utility in
system information and start unchecking things in the start up folder tab.
Through trial and error you could find out which entry is the cause.  McAfee
Virus Scan did this to me.  Then you need to go into the registry and change
the path to long file names.  That will stop the folder from loading.

Ben Moore
----- Original Message -----
From: jrizzo <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 1999 1:13 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Log on

Hello, when I start up my Computer windows 98 introduction appears as it
should, however, another folder also appears called programs with various
other folders in its windows. This folder, programs is a normal folder and
if I want to use it later or any other time I would go there and o-en it but
I don't want it on my start up and trying a few things got me nowhere. Can
someone tell me how to remove it from appearing on start up? Thank You
                                                        Joseph

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html