From:
"Richard F. Bolha" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:21:23 -0500
Date: March 30, 2001
Subject: Zoom 2925 M modem with new AMD unit

I recently built a new unit with a FC azIIe motherboard &
a 1 Ghz AMD processor with WIN 98 SE. My problem
is the zoom 2925M PCI 56K modem. I have installed the
4in1 patches from VIA. I have installed the newest zoom
modem install files. The modem is on its own com port &
IRQ with no conflicts at all. The modem returns normal
data when communicating. The phone line is installed in
the line port! I attempt to dial. There is no dialtone. I
force it to dial but phone line says if you attempting to dial
please try again. I put the modem back into the older pII
350 with same lines. The modem works fine. ISP says I
am configured ok. I have a TCP/Ip with the dialer. I think
either VIA or Zoom drivers are at fault? I have install the
Modem as Zoom Spec. required. The drivers first then the
modem itself. I have uninstalled all modem stuff. Put in Zoom
newest modem driver first then reinstall the modem and let Win
98 install the modem. Does anybody have this problem? Any
suggestions?
Anybody with a FC AZIIE Motherboard with a 56K Modem.
What 56K modem  are you using ? Maybe I will just get a new
modem.
Thanks in advance

Richard Bolha

                     support at our newest website: