Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 17:12:36 -0800
`bob boyd wrote:

> I want to up grade my MB, RAM, = and Video card.
> I currently have
> Shuttle mother board with a K6-200 and the TX chip set
> 2 32mb edo simms.
> Matrox Millennium display adapter.
> NT 4.0
>
> I ordered a fic pa-2007
> a matrox mil II and, 2 64 mb dimms.
>
> Will NT let me swap out these parts ... ? I've done this before with 95.
> On boot up 95 finds new hard ware and mother board resources and all is fine.
> I just started using NT a few months ago. I've been doing some FAQ reading
> and can't seem to find this answer.
> Any experience?

Bobby:
You need to refer to the latest copy of the HCL(Hardware Compatability
List) for that answer. If your components aren't listed then chances
are that no NT won't recognize them. You will have to go to the
manufacturer of the components and get NT drivers or take your chances
when you do the install and reboot. If you run into problems such as
NO VIDEO SIGNAL boot out,shut down, reinstall the old video card and
try it again. If you are still having probs during bootup select the
last known good config. option when it is displayed. This should safely
return to the logon screen.

Good Luck

--
Barry A. Clark