From:
m_sayer_ <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:21:11 -0000
Hi again,
According to the manual, the chipset is the Elite ET82C6931/596A
I'm working on trying to get hold of some more Ram to try.
You are right in this board being a socket 370, (which didn't work either)
but it's an optional socket 370/slot 1.
I have contacted the US ECS site, and they referred me to the UK one, who
seem to have ignored all of my emails.
I found this on the net, and this seems to be slightly different to my
manual:
PROCESSORS
SECC2 Pentium III up to 850MHz(100MHz FSB), Pentium II
FC-PGA Pentium III up to 850MHz(100MHz FSB)
Celeron PPGA up to 533MHz, Celeron FC-PGA up to 800MHz
CHIPSET
VIA 82C693A & 82C596B
CMI8738 PCI 3D Audio Chip on board
MEMORY
Three 168-pin DIMMs
Maximum: 384MB
SYSTEM BIOS
Award BIOS
I/O INTERFACE
Supports Plug and Play function
One - EPP/ECP mode parallel port
Two - 16550 high-speed serial I/O ports (2 connectors)
Supports 360K~2.88M Byte, 3 Mode FDDs or LS120
Dual PCI IDE interfaces - supports four IDE devices (PIO mode 4, DMA Mode 2,
Ultra DMA 33)
PS/2 keyboard and PS/2 mouse connectors
ATX Power Supply Connector
Audio Ports(Line-in, Line-out, Mic-in, CD-in and game port)
Two sets of USB connector
Other ports
IrDA ASKIR Header
Green, HDD, Power indicator LED Connectors
CPU Fan and Chassis Fan Headers
LAN Card Wake Up/Internal Modem Ring Wake-Up Headers
RTC & BATTERY
VT82C596B included 256 bytes CMOS SRAM
FORM FACTOR
ATX (305mm*220mm)

(Note that the first chipset number is the one from the manual)
Anymore ideas?
TIA
Michele Sayer

I am guessing on your chipset as I can't find a lot of info on Slot 1 ECS
boards with P6BAT-Me model number.  A Google shows the model to be a slot
370 I
know you know the difference so perhaps if you gabve us the chipset that
would
help.

I checked Oempcworld the the memory you are using PC100/16 is 8x8 chip
memory
and I believe your motherboard calls for PC100 which is 16 x 8 chip type.  I
would borrow a stick of memory and see if that cures the problem.