From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 08:53:39 -0700
The symptoms you describe seem to indicate a registry problem. Something may
be corrupted in the registry, but it is difficult to say how to fix it.

In SYSTEM32, there should be a dfrg.msc file (one of the six you mentioned).
Try double-clicking on it and see if it opens the defrag utility. If that
does not work, try deleting all the dfr... files and then do a Windows
repair procedure. This should force the installation of new files. I don't
know if it will update the registry or not, but it should be worth a try.

Good luck.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                     support at our newest website: