Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:36:22 -0700
I assume that C: is your boot drive. You cannot copy files that are in use
using a simple copy operation. To do a backup of the C: drive, you will need
to use the backup program that is part of XP and allow it to do shadow copy.
It usually works fairly well. However, the best way is to create an
alternate boot install on your D: drive, or boot from a specially prepared
boot CD (not a job for the novice). Then boot to the alternate boot and do
the backup. None of your normal boot files will be in use and will copy
fine.

Peter