From:
Peter Darrach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 22:16:02 -0400
At 03:20 PM 10/15/00 -0700, you wrote:
>   Evergreen Technologies has the "Spectra" series overdrives w/ speeds up to
>600mhz for socket 7 boards.   Worth looking in to.
>
>NOTE:  For all Intel-or-die people:  I suggest the Spectra which uses K6
>technology as a value/ease-of-upgrade choice.  It is a way to keep your
>case, your RAM and everything else while getting a substantial boost in
>performance ... and...   it costs under $100.00.

I'll second that. I did an Evergreen MxPro upgrade  to 200 MHz from an
Intel 133 CPU a couple of years ago- at least. I've since upgraded my MB to
an ASUS P5 A-B Super Socket 7 but the Evergreen continues to give stellar
service and lets me keep all my "outdated" hardware. Performance does not
seem to be significantly inferior to my AMD K6 450 MHz machine sporting the
same MB and four times the RAM.

Good luck with economical upgrading.

Peter Darrach