Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 20:19:07 -0700
PowerLeap also offers socket 5 & 7 upgrades.  My upgrade (K6-III 400) went
without a hitch... with a new BIOS.  The old GW2K has still got some life
left and is going to college (for the third time) soon.  These upgrades,
though not cheap can be done for $100.00 to $250.00; less or comparable
(depending on config) to a new board, chip, and memory.  However, It sure
beats trashing all the old legacy equipment.  Although most of my old parts
and programs go to good use in a local Charter school for their computer
lab.

Eric Heath