From:
Harvey Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 23:08:15 -0500
About a week ago I posted a message trying to get my new 20.4 Gig Maxtor
(7200) drive working. I got the The ATA66 controller to recognize it. I had
to set the BIOS on the mother to boot from A then SCSI. At first I tried my
old Fujitsu drive ATA 33 in the IDE1 on the controller card using the 40
pin cable - it booted. I then made sure that the Maxtor drive was
recognized I hooked it up on IDE1 using the 80 pin cable putting in my
Windows 98 boot disk. It recognized it. What I did is use DriveCopy by
PowerQuest to copy the Fujitsu 10.2Gig to the new drive making sure the
20.4 was connected to IDE1 and 10.2 connected to IDE2 using the 40
pin  cable of course. I then booted using DriveCopy everything worked
great. Its like night and day the speed.
As they say in the using DriveCopy make sure that you don't have both
drives booting or you could corrupt your drive. What I want to know is how
can I get my 10.2 Gig to be recognized also. Do I just hook it up and
format it? It won't boot has I used replace and it marked sector 63.
Thanks for the help.
Also I connected my LS120 to the IDE1 on the mother putting it as master
and have no problem. I also have RWdrive and CD-ROM on IDE2 of the
motherboard it's working fine.
I just want to use 10.2 Gig for Linux now.

Harvey Rose
Harvey Rose

Which is worse, to spend more than you expected or less than you
should?    Zig Ziglar

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html