From:
Harvey Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 07:24:03 -0500
I've installed the controller card in my Abit BX6 computer. I've got the
driver installed in Windows 98 on my 10.2 Gig (5400) 33mhz drive. I want to
put in a new drive 20.4 Gig (7200) Maxtor and make my 10.2 Gig a slave. The
new card won't recongize the 10.2 Gig drive as a master using the 80pin cable.
When I boot up I get the message "No Disks connected to HPT366 host
Adapter" and "BIOS for HPT366 host adapter not installed." This appears
when the 10.2 gig drive is connected as orginal to the motherboard. If the
drivers are installed on the old drive and it boots, how is the controller
recongized tell the drivers are loaded? I've looked on the ABIT site but
there isn't anything about this or in the manual either.
  Should I disable the IDE on the mother board? I have a LS120 connected as
a slave to the harddrive right now. Also I have a R/W drive and CDROM drive
connected to IDE2 on the motherboard.
I plan on using Partition Magic to copy the old drive on to the new. Can
anyone send me in the direction?
Harvey Rose

Which is worse, to spend more than you expected or less than you
should?    Zig Ziglar

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html