From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 07:22:12 -0800
Your Power Supply question will likely get a number of responses.
Although there are many sources, I normally buy power supplies through
www.newegg.com because they are reliable and have a wide range of power
supplies. Don't limit yourself to only 450W as there may be a higher
powered or better PS for less cost due to some promotional pricing. As
to make, Antec has served me well although there are other good brands.
Most recent PS's will work with multiple power needs directly or through
included adapters. You can try to match your current specs.

My slot fan is on whenever the computer is on. There are adapters
available to change from male to female or female to male. If there were
directions with your fan, do they have any hint as to the cause of your
apparent problem? The fan could be defective.

Tom Mayer

Andrew J. Rozsa wrote:
> 1. I come to believe that my system's PS is suspect. I would like to
> replace it. How does one figure out which PS to get? What determines
> what specific model one buys: size of the case (desktop), type of the
> MB (mine is an 865), etc.? Do all PSs come with the same number of
> connectors? Any preferences? Since I may have to leave the box open
> for a while, I'd like one with a quiet fan.
>
> What's inside the box now is a:
>
> Powmax
> ATX Switching PS
> Model No. LP-8800D
>
> It's a 400W model and it's ATX 2.03 and ATX12V 1.1 compliant, whatever
> that means. I would like to go up a notch to a 450W.
>
> If there is primer on PSs, please point me in the right direction.
>
> 2. The slot fan I got has two power plugs: a male and a female. I
> connected the female to a connector from the PS. Nothing happens. Do
> these things start spinning if the temperature goes to certain level
> or am I supposed to find a second connector for the male plug,
> although I don't see any free ones?
>
> I will be grateful for your help.
>
> Andrew

                     visit our download web page at: