From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2007 20:00:19 -0800
This thread has been around a while and apparently there is some
misunderstanding.

Let's see if we can detail what you now have.
1) You reformatted your hard drive.
2) You have a Win98 boot disk.
3) You have set the BIOS to have the floppy drive first in the boot order.
4) With the Win98 boot disk in the floppy drive, you started the
computer and after a while the boot process ended at the A prompt.
5) From the A prompt you can get to a C prompt.

If this is in fact the present condition, you need to go into the BIOS
and set the CDROM drive as first in the boot order. With the Win 98
installation CD in the CD drive and with nothing in the floppy drive
start the computer. It should boot itself up to the installation screen
for Windows 98. Proceed from there with the installation.

If this does not work, let us know what happened.

I hope this helps.

Tom Mayer

Chet Baker wrote:
> Hello,
> I recently attemted to reformat my hard drive and install win 98 following the instuctions on this site. I made the boot floopy disc, and followed the directions to the letter. I cannot get it to read from the floppy,I set the bios to boot from the floppy first. I just get an  A; prompt or a C; prompt. Someone I taled to  said maybe I have to repartition it?? Thanks for your help.
> Chet Baker

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml