From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:59:35 -0800
On 26 Feb 98 at 11:21, David Gillett wrote:

  I found and corrected a COM port conflict, but this made no
difference to the problems I was experiencing.

  On Friday, I concluded that it wasn't worth wasting more time
without stripping the machine all the way down anyway, and since I had
a Socket 5 motherboard handy, I went out to get a P133 to put into it.

  At $84, the P133 was more than I had expected it to be, but for $139
I got it and an "efa" motherboard (VPX chipset) -- clearly a toy, but
better than the Socket 5 board would have been.  The board will do 75
MHz, but I haven't yet tried to push it that far.

  Thanks to those who sent suggestions; now that the 486 board is out
where I can easily get to the jumpers, I may try to get it working for
something less urgent.

David G