Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 07:00:55 -0800
Reset the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299357

"In the days before Windows XP, a corrupted IP
installation could often be fixed simply by removing
and reinstalling TCP/IP. In most cases, the IP-related
files remained intact, but some related Registry keys
would be corrupted beyond repair.

You can't uninstall TCP/IP in Windows XP, because there
is no Uninstall button for this protocol. According to
Microsoft, that is because TCP/IP is an integral part
of the operating system, and removing it would cause
major problems. You can, however, use the Windows XP
command line utility NetShell to reset all IP-related
Registry settings to their default values. The result
is a brand-new TCP/IP configuration.

The Netsh.exe program is located in the C:\Windows\
System32 directory. To use the program, enter the
command "netsh int ip reset filename." You must specify
a filename, such as Ipstuff.txt. After Netsh .exe runs,
the file will contain a detailed log of the Registry
keys that were modified."

HTH,
tomas santos

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 00:00:02 -0500,

  Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Subject: Double dialup
>
> I set up a two computer network in  small office
> yesterday, and I'm having
> trouble with the dialup connection.
> One is Win 98 on a 2-3 year old Gateway, the other is
> XP Pro on a new Dell.
> Both will connect to the internet, but only one can
> retrieve mail using
> Outlook. After I tested the Gateway connection and
> retrieved the email, I
> disconnected and attempted the same thing with the
> Dell. Error message is:
> "Username or password rejected". I verified the info
> and still couldn't
> retrieve email. I suspect this has something with two
> PCs using the same
> dialup account, but I'm not sure of the solution. Any
> ideas?

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>