From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:21:56 -0600
I don't think that it's a good idea.  This type of setup (PCI card) cannot
compete well with today's IDE drives with 8MB buffers.  Tom's Hardware
Guide, www.tomshardware.com, had some reviews on card/drive combinations
earlier this year.  I would check them out before making a final decision.

My wife and I use  WD Raptors that are SATA, and I really like them. But we
use XP and mb's that support SATA on-board.  (The Raptors were quite
expensive for their size.)  Using a pair in RAID configuration, I could tell
a big difference in the way Morrowind played when it had to access the
drives.

Dean Kukral