From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 07:34:55 -0600
My guess is that your drive has been formatted to NTFS and is not recognized
by your older 95 floppy, which expects FAT.

Perhaps, instead of trying to format it, you should try to FDISK it, erasing
the old logical drives and then replacing them.  If this works, then you
have gone to a lower level than the file system and may be able to format
for FAT 32.  (I have never had to do this, so I do not know for sure that it
will work.)  FDISK should be on the Win 95 boot disk.  If this works, then
you should be able to install 95.

Dean Kukral