From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 12:32:56 -0700
At 11:35 AM 03/11/2000 , chuck finnigan wrote:
>i lost this file from \windows\system folder on windows 95 950C computer
>after NOrton found a virus in it and couldn't clean it.  the file has
>something to do wiht applications opening.  i can't find it on any other of
>my workstations or on the windows cd in the cab files.  does anyone now
>where i could find the file and version i need?  microsoft site?

You are going about this in the wrong way.  Windows does not need
that file.  It was created when you were infected with the WORM PRETTY
PARK virus.   There is now a reference to it in your registry and that needs
to be removed.  There is more about  this nasty bug that just appeared
recently, see McAfee's web site:
    http://vil.mcafee.com/vil/wm98500.asp

You just need to complete the virus removal procedure.  I know, since
I am removing it from a clients machine at this moment.

      Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD... All the files from our File Download
         area and much more...  over 165 files, all on one CD!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions