From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:06:28 -0800
Hello,

Does the computer make any beeps before shutting down? If so, count them
and then look up the Post Code Beep codes to determine the problem. I
currently have one computer which beeps eight times at boot up which
means the video card is bad.

Later, Ray Parrish

Don Penlington wrote:
> At 01:47 AM 1/28/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>> Now all of a sudden when trying to power up, nothing appears on
>> monitor and computer shuts down after only 15 seconds.>>
>

> I think there was a virus family with that behaviour.  Or could be
> overheating----check all fans and see if there's anything too hot to
> touch after a cold boot.
>
> Does the same thing happen in Safe Mode?  If that is OK, it's probably
> a software issue ----  you might try System Restore.
>
> Try disconnecting all hardware such as printers, scanners, etc.
> Unlikely to help, but worth a try.
>
> If you have a BartCE emergency disk, try that and see if it works.  If
> so, it will eliminate certain causes and will enable you to repair by
> disabling all startups or running System Restore.
>
> Don Penlington
>

> From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
> Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
> http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html
>
>         PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>