From:
Delano Lalla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 20:07:51 EST
It sounds to me either as if there aren't any stand-offs or small brass riser
screws.  If the motherboard is screwed on directly to the case, this is not
good.  Any local computer dealer (not big names like Best Buy or Comp Usa, but
the smaller ones that build systems for you.  check with them and ask for
plastic standoffs or standoff-screws.
Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Delano Lalla.

In a message dated 11/22/98 7:49:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Our new AMD 333 Mhz system finally arrived on Monday evening.  We were so
 disappointed when it failed to boot up.  Nada on the screen.  After
 checking all connections to no avail, we began fiddling with the
 innards.  Detached and reattached the cables.  Still nothing.  Then we
 found the culprit.  The video card was not seated deeply enough.  After
 reseating the video card, it ran beautifully.  But we noticed that the
 video card would come loose whenever we screwed in the attachment screw.
 After the computer aborted a few times, we noticed that all of the
 adapter cards had the same problem - not seated properly when they were
 screwed in fully.  So now we are running the system without any of the
 adapter cards screwed in.  Is there a simple fix?  We would hate to send
 the system back just for this problem.  I guess the fit between mbs and
 cases is not always perfect.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com