From:
Franklin Brumett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:33:31 -0400
Jose,

Please read your warranty info to make sure it isn't voided by using one
of these "remanufactured" EP cartridges.  That said they do have a
significant price difference - but - make sure that the vendor your
company uses stands behind them with a guarantee that they will not
harm your printers.  I work in an environment where we have hundreds of
laser printers, mostly HP and LexMark but also some Kyocera's, and about
one in 80 fail.  The failures range from no cartridge installed to
mechanical lockups that also damage the printer involved.  Caveat Emptor
certainly applies here!  Our Fiscal/Accounting folks really loved the
prices too, till we had to repair one of their lasers due to a BAD toner
cartridge failure that caused several hundred dollars to repair.  So, in
our case, the cartridges that are destined for "under warranty" printers
are new manufacturer recommended ones and for our older ones we use re-
manufactured ones - still trying to get them to change that, too(grin).

HTH

Frank :<)

"Jose E. Dominguez" wrote:

> Have any of you used remanufactured toners before? Is this something I
> want to try?
>
> The price difference is substantial, remanufactured $37, new $62, for an
> HP Laserjet 6P.
>
> TIA,
>
> Jose

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: