From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 2009 09:06:57 -0700
If the CD drive is bad, it is very easy to replace. It is normally held
in place by one or two small screws in the bottom of the laptop. You
will need to do some research to find which drive(s) can be used as a
replacement. Also, this might be an opportunity to upgrade to a DVD drive.

Tom

Hugh Vandervoort wrote:
> There's really not much to choose from here. It's almost certainly the
> CD Drive. Is it all CDs, or just some in particular?
> A warped or otherwise unbalanced CD would make more noise.
>

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 3:04 AM, D JONES <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> I do know about the slight noise created by a spinning CD but this is loud enough to be uncomfortabler and not at the normal decibels of a spinning CD.
>>
>> Dorothy Jones

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml