From:
James Maki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 08:17:35 +0000
Hi,

Last year I put together a computer using an FIC PA-2007 mobo and 200
MHz AMD K6 CPU. The manual for the mobo indicated settings for the 266
and 300 MHz AMD K6 CPUs with the disclaimer that they had not been
tested. Checking the AMD and FIC sites, both recommend the 233 AMD K6
as the fastest chip for this mobo. So the question is, has anyone
successfully mated the PA-2007 mobo with the 266 or 300 MHz AMD chip
(not the new 3D enhanced version, just the MMX version)?

I am looking for an inexpensive way to get some more horsepower out of
my system without spending big bucks.

Second question, has anyone successfully overclocked the AMD K6 200? I
tried upping the internal multiplier (would start to boot but then
strange things happened to the display) and the bus speed (to 75 MHz
-- nothing at all). While happy with the board/CPU combination,
looking for a few more cycles for those graphics I have been scanning.

You input is appreciated.

Jim

Jim Maki