From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 22:27:04 -0400
Robert,

Your suspicions are correct, PnP does not work as well as it should.  By
it's very nature, it SHOULD recognize that the old board has been removed
and it SHOULD release all of the resources it used and it SHOULD correctly
assign resources to the new board.  But in reality, it often gets confused
as to which to do first and it never deletes the drivers that were used by
the old board.

So I suggest that you use the device manager to delete the old item.  Shut
down, remove the old card, reboot the PC, and delete the driver files.
(Some people will argue that this step is not necessary, and it isn't.  I
just think that if you aren't using it, why keep it.).  Finally, shut down
and install the new card and let windows "discover" it on the next boot up.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====