From:
Susan Tippett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:17:21 -0400
This is my first attempt at formatting a hard drive. I really messed up and hope someone can steer me in the right direction as to what I did wrong and how to correct the problem. Thanks!!!

I used your instructions but had a few difference here's the description of my process.

I copied the Win95 boot disk you provide because I didn't have one. Anyway the first step was to insert boot disk and wait for A: prompt. It never used A: instead I got Non-System disk error. So when my computer started up I went to MS-DOS prompt and changed directory to A and typed format C: (it wouldn't take the /s)
So I get the next message that is in the instruction and get Format Complete but no System transferred. I did see the Volume label message and hit enter but can't load my OS I think I've screwed up the procedure because I didn't have an original boot disk. What can I do now to recover and install the OS???

Susan Tippett
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com