Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 14:15:41 +1000
Yes, I've seen the problem few time, and No, I don't have a solution on how
you can get data out of it yourself, since it won't work at all.  Only pay
expensive fee to data recovery service may save it (or you have tools, parts
and skills to fix the drive yourself) .  There is one thing that might be
worse to try (I had no success myself).  First, you need to find a power
supply out of case, to just power the HDD itself, a AT power supply is
recommended (it has power switch itself), the rest of your system connect to
the case PSU. turn on power to HDD then boot your system.  If it works, you
may have a short time, to save data from the dead HDD.

Jun Qian