From:
Paul Sprague <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:03:19 -0500
To the person who posted concerning a K6-2 300 running too hot: I would
check to make sure you are using the proper core voltage. That processor
only uses 2.2 volts. I am currently running a K6-2 300 overclocked to 350
mhz with no problems at all. It is as cool as a cucumber. I have an inlet
fan at the front of the case, a standard Pentium class heat sink and ball
bearing fan on the processor with a light amount of heat sink compound
and the power supply fan. I can touch side of my finger to the edge of
the processor and heat sink after some heavy gaming like Quake II and it
is only slightly warm. If you are sure you have the voltage set
correctly, try it in another motherboard. Good Luck.

Paul Sprague