From:
Paul Sprague <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 05:10:44 -0500
I have a Gigabyte GA5AX512 100mhz Motherboard. The bus speed is set to
100mhz with a clock multiplyer of 3.5. So far, I have not had any
lock-ups or crashes. I periodically check the CPU temp and it is never
more than slightly warm. It kinda makes you wonder if AMD is taking the
same chip and just putting different labels on it? Intel has been accused
of that before. I don't know if it is a lot faster than 300mhz because I
have been at 350mhz for most of the time. Let me know if you notice a
difference. Be advised the if you overclock you processor, you do so
solely at you own risk. I am a bit of a gamblin' man when it comes to
these sort of things but don't advise it if losing a $120 processor would
be a devastating experience for you. Good luck.

Paul Sprague

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 15:38:02 -0800 "Chuck Hassenplug"
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Paul,
>    I am a pcbuild member and it too have a AMD K6-2 300. I am
>interested in
>overcloacking it too. What kind of motherboard do you have, and what
>are the
>settings for the chip? 100x3.5? Does it run noticeably faster,
>unstably,
>etc.? Thank you for any information you might have.
>
>Chuck Hassenplug

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html